Happy Election Day or Facebook goes back to cat pictures again Eve! For many people this election has been too full of vitriol and downright hate no matter what side of the aisle you lean to. Deception, violence, incessant ads forcing their way into all the apps you love. And if that wasn’t stressful, it all falls into NaNoWriMo.
One thing I continually ran up against when I scrolled through my feed these last few months was a sense of disillusion and that there was no hope. So to combat this in your writing life here are five writing quotes to keep you hopeful for the rest of NaNoWriMo.
- Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.
- If you’re going to be a writer, the first essential is just to write. Do not wait for an idea. Start writing something and the ideas will come. You have to turn the faucet on before the water starts to flow.
- “For your born writer, nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word.”
—Catherine Drinker Bowen
- “One thing that helps is to give myself permission to write badly. I tell myself that I’m going to do my five or 10 pages no matter what, and that I can always tear them up the following morning if I want. I’ll have lost nothing—writing and tearing up five pages would leave me no further behind than if I took the day off.”
- “People say, ‘What advice do you have for people who want to be writers?’ I say, they don’t really need advice, they know they want to be writers, and they’re gonna do it. Those people who know that they really want to do this and are cut out for it, they know it.”
Hopefully these put a little pep in your step on the way to 50,000 words. Until next time have a writeous day!